Dr. Jessi Goldstein
Dr. Goldstein caught the birth bug at age 13 while timing contractions for her sister’s birth. She received her doctorate in Medicine from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, IL in 2001. Dr. Goldstein served in the U.S. Navy for 10 years including two tours as a flight surgeon serving military pilots and families in California, Florida, Asia and the Middle East. Dr. Goldstein is Board-Certified in Family Medicine. She completed a Fellowship and received a certificate in public health in 2012 at the University of New Mexico and specializes in Maternal, Child and Reproductive Health. Dr. Goldstein has surgical privileges including cesarean section privileges at Natividad Medical Center in Salinas, CA. She is happily married and has three school-age daughters. Her youngest daughter was born at home in 2014 and that had a large impact on her views on the importance of empowerment in birth. After moving to the Monterey peninsula in 2015, she has been an advocate both locally and nationally about the need for collaboration between physicians and midwives for safe birthing and healthy families, and is very excited to join this team of wonderfully talented women with the mutual goal of keeping families well.
Her services include but are not limited to:
· High risk obstetric and trial of labor consultation
· Newborn and pediatric well/sick visits
· Reproductive health needs
· Contraceptive counseling/management (IUDs, implants, Depo-Provera injection)
· Preconception counseling and management
· Ultrasound dating, growth, non-stress tests and amniotic fluid monitoring
· Miscarriage management including surgical management if needed
· Joint injections/skin biopsy/cryotherapy
· Trigger point injections
· Preconception and postpartum mental health
· Chronic disease management (depression, anxiety, diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
· Consult for vaginal birth after Cesarean section (VBAC)
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Goldstein, please click the button below and choose an appointment type under “Family Medicine”.
The Monterey Birth and Wellness Center is one of only 18 accredited birth centers in California, and the only one in central California. Accreditation is a mark of quality and expertise achieved by relatively few freestanding birth centers in the U.S.A. Learn more about the standards for accreditation at the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers website.