Every woman can benefit from care with a midwife, including those that are planning a hospital birth. Midwifery care can provide additional support and help fill any informational gaps in your prenatal care. It can also address psychological and social aspects of pregnancy that are often left unaddressed by the medical model of care. It will not only cover practical, medical information but also include information about your own innate ability to birth and ways to support it.
In addition, you can learn how to navigate the medical system and how to communicate with hospital staff. This will give you the confidence to have an empowering birth experience within the hospital setting. We welcome the opportunity to share the knowledge of midwifery care with you; we can meet just one time or on a regular basis.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
You may also wish to have additional postpartum care; once you leave the hospital you generally do not see your OB again until 6 weeks postpartum. In other countries, such as Germany, a midwife comes to your home once you return from the hospital to provide you and your newborn with additional support. This is a great opportunity to have questions answered that do not necessitate a call or visit to the OB or Pediatrician, and would otherwise go unanswered.
Topics that can be covered during visits:
• Assistance in writing a practical birth plan that is appropriate for you
• Conversations on how to best communicate with hospital staff
• What you can expect once you arrive a the hospital
• Asking questions and making decisions in labor
• Information about Informed Consent
• Hiring a doula
• Caring for a newborn
• Postpartum recovery
• Connections to community resources
• Insurance billing, payment plan and financing available.
• Credit card and HSA card payments accepted.
• Ask us about our Birth Package, which includes prenatal care, labor care, postpartum care, and state-of-the-art birthing rooms with a water birth tub.
The Monterey Birth & Wellness Center is one of only 18 accredited birth centers in California, and the only one in central California. Accreditation is a mark of quality and expertise achieved by relatively few freestanding birth centers in the U.S.A. Learn more about the standards for accreditation at the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers website.
Providing midwifery care to Monterey County and some areas of San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties: Seaside, Monterey, Del Rey Oaks, Marina, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Pebble Beach, Carmel Valley, Big Sur, Salinas, Prunedale, Spreckels, Soledad, Gonzales, King City, Hollister, San Juan Bautista, Moss Landing, Castroville, Watsonville, Freedom, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Soquel and Capitola.