You’ve just given birth and you are completely exhausted. Transitioning to the new life in your family is an amazing experience, but the birth process and adjusting to the new baby can be overwhelming. We are here to help.
Before we get into the technical weeds of what postpartum care consists of, let’s prioritize...you! We want to tell you that whatever you may be experiencing, you are amazing, because giving birth is amazing and you just did it. We want to hear you out, support you, ask how you are doing in the midst of this huge transition. Sure we run tests and physical assessments for you and the baby, but it all starts with emotional support, because now is the time you need it most. You can count on us to help shepherd you from exhausted to thriving.
WHAT IS POSTPARTUM CARE?
There are many aspects to postpartum care that deal with both mother and baby. Some are as simple as suggesting a new breastfeeding position. Some are more complex, such as screening for postpartum depression and postpartum anxiety disorder (one in seven women will experience these on a spectrum). Our Fully Supported Postpartum Package includes 2 home visits and 3 office visits, more if needed. During these sessions you can expect some or all of the following:
· Emotional support
· Body and health assessments of mother and infant, including check of your abdomen, vagina, cervix and uterus to make sure you're healing well
· Easing pain or discomfort due to vaginal soreness
· Help with postpartum contractions, sometimes known as after pains
· Help with incontinence
· Help with hemorrhoids and/or bowel movements
· Breastfeeding & lactation support
· Administering an IV and medications (if needed)
· Help with the transition to parenthood
· Discussion of physical changes in the body
· Screening for hypertension (preeclampsia)
· Screening for postpartum depression and/or postpartum anxiety disorder
· Discussions may also include resumption of sexual activity, contraception, birth spacing, fatigue, infant care and sleep patterns of both mother and baby
· Anything else that’s on your mind, because we are here for YOU.
You will find no more compassionate, expert and dedicated midwives than The Wifeys at the Monterey Birth and Wellness Center.
Schedule your postpartum care appointment today. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 831.717.4723, or book online 24/7.
Insurance billing, payment plan and financing available.
Credit card and HSA card payments accepted.
Ask us about our Birth Package, which includes prenatal care, labor care, postpartum care, and state-of-the-art birthing rooms with a water birth tub.
The Monterey Birth & Wellness Center is one of only 18 accredited birth centers in California, and the only one in central California. Accreditation is a mark of quality and expertise achieved by relatively few freestanding birth centers in the U.S.A. Learn more about the standards for accreditation at the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers website.